Executive Assistant & Legal Project Coordinator
JOB ID: 23000037
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free home and private school for 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
MHS is seeking an Executive Assistant & Legal Project Coordinator. This position plays a critical role in ensuring smooth operations of a fast-paced Office of General Counsel. The role includes providing primary support to the Vice-President of Legal Affairs, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. Additionally, this role coordinates and manages a wide variety of legal projects, governance and legal shared services for the Office of General Counsel.
- Managing the schedule for the VP.
- Preparing reports, presentations and other communications for the VP and other department members.
- Project oversight including collection, evaluation, prioritization and responses to legal requests.
- Working closely with Board Secretaries for Milton Hershey School and Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
- Planning and implementing MHS Board of Managers and Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning Board of Directors governance initiatives and meetings.
- Managing litigation and other legal matter files.
- Coordinating legal shared services including managing calendars and coordinating meetings.
- Meeting minute taking.
- Records management including file preparation and management.
- Committee participation.
- Communications including responses to inquiries – phone and written.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience, including experience with in-house legal counsel.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with records management systems.
- Typing speed of 80 wpm and proficient in minute-taking.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written, ability to create presentations containing complex information.
- Interpersonally skilled including the ability to collaborate and influence.
- Exceptionally high degree of attention to detail. Skilled proofreader.
- High level of initiative, tact and professionalism. Able to work independently with sound judgement. High degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated skills in project management including multi-projects in a dynamic setting.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are consider role models to students.
- Candidates should be eager to engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.