Director, Strategic Projects
JOB ID: 22000293
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free home and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. MHS is currently seeking a Director, Strategic Projects to lead the strategic planning process for MHS.
The Director, Strategic Projects oversees multiple projects within the School’s Education and Student Life umbrella, with a focus on the work of the Strategic Projects and Applied Research Departments. The Director, Strategic Projects leads project strategy development, oversees project management of important organizational initiatives, conducts high-level research, stays current on emerging trends, analyzes data, and collaborates with key stakeholders. The Director, Strategic Projects must possess a unique ability to communicate and create compelling and professional materials and presentations for senior leadership, including the MHS Board of Managers. The selected individual will report to the Vice-President of Education and Student Life and supervises a staff member.
The Director, Strategic Projects will lead the development of plans and tracking goals and initiatives. The role encompasses a highly complex landscape including continuous improvement of MHS’s current model and helping to shape mission expansion. Additionally, this role directs research and evaluation activities that inform the decisions learning to program improvements, policies, services, and operations to optimize student success, mission, legal, financial, and political risk, and impact to MHS. The Director, Strategic Projects will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the research and analysis for future planning and strategic initiatives
- Driving key strategic projects from concept to completion while evaluating potential benefits, challenges, and risks of various options and highlighting key decisions for leadership
- Providing key insights for future direction through research, analysis, and insight
- Leading various strategic projects including tracking key deadlines, meetings & dependencies across multiple projects
- Creating high-quality reports and documents, including Board of Manager materials, that are appealing, digestible, and effectively communicate and demonstrate the impact of strategic projects
- Providing strategic high value information and analytics to key stakeholders and & regularly presenting at key stakeholder meetings
- Guiding Strategic Projects Team with strategic insights and supports
- Effectively communicating initiative priorities, progress updates, upcoming milestones, and potential necessary mitigations with key stakeholders
- Ensuring appropriate project management and forecasting tools, software, and resources are in place and effectively utilized
- Analyzing, synthesizing, and exporting data
- Collaborating with other key department stakeholders including finance, etc.
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum 8 years of experience in related role with similar complexities
- PMP Certification, preferred
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and platform
- Highly proficient with technology including forecasting tools, project management tools, online collaboration, and communication tools (including visual analytics), Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent project management skills, including time management, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks for self and others
- Comfortable and confident leading, collaborating, and presenting complex material
- Experience measuring project-related outcomes and incorporating continuous improvements accordingly
- Previous experience in new venture or similar entrepreneurial, high-growth setting, preferred
- Ability to lead under pressure with changing priorities, tight deadlines and in ambiguous situations
- Ability to oversee multiple competing and concurrent workstreams, and setting priorities in dynamic environments
- Demonstrated exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Track record of leading strong outcomes
- Ability to cultivate an inclusive and welcoming environment
- Commitment to the mission and values of MHS and demonstrated high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students
- Candidates should be eager to engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.