Director of Training & Organizational Development
JOB ID: 22000005
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a Director of Training and Organizational Development to ensure that MHS staff is well equipped to support the School’s success as it grows to serve more students in a dynamic environment. Milton Hershey School is expanding enrollment from 1,900 students to 2,300 students from underserved settings. In addition to providing a cost-free Pre-K through 12th grade career focused education, the School provides a home, food, clothing, health-care and more to the entire student body. Milton Hershey School employs over 1,400 full-time staff, in addition to part-time and seasonal staff – each one contributing to student success, in a wide variety or roles.
The Director is responsible for the development, coordination and facilitation of employee and management/leadership development programs. This includes new employee onboarding, retention/engagement programming, supervisory training, emerging leaders programming, ensuring required training delivery and completion, innovating on training & development delivery, and collaboratively programming with other Hershey entities. The Director also proactively seeks opportunities for the Department to be a value add partner throughout the School. This is a highly visible and impactful role for MHS. Responsibilities include:
- Assessing organizational developmental needs.
- Researching, designing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Collaborating with leadership to ensure programs achieve organizational goals, including the School’s performance management system.
- Planning and facilitating engaging & value-add monthly school-wide leadership update & professional development meetings.
- Leads the implementation of policies and procedures related to training, education, professional development, and employee performance.
- Oversight of the tuition reimbursement and sabbatical leave programs.
- Oversees departmental budget and staff of 2.
- Collaborates within the HR Team.
- Monitors the organization and our dynamic society to make pro-active recommendations for change management and strategic planning purposes.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development / HR or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in an OD/Training leadership role.
- Knowledgeable regarding adult learning theory and successful strategies.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft applications. ELM experience preferred. Peoplesoft experience a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in successfully assessing & innovating organizational development programming, and leading change.
- Demonstrated skills in taking concepts to actionable deliverables producing desired results.
- Exceptional interpersonal including influencing and consultative skills. High degree of discernment and detail orientation are essential.
- Exceptional communication skills including platform, verbal and written. Skilled in delivering executive level presentations.
- Advanced leadership skills in strategic planning, and managing processes and people.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to prioritize and oversee multiple competing initiatives.
- Demonstrated success in staff oversight, vendor management and budget oversight.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students.
- Seeking candidates eager to actively engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.