Director of Payroll and Financial Operations
JOB ID: 23000185
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is one of the world’s best private schools, where students from lower-income families seeking greater opportunity can explore their individual interests to the fullest. Thanks to the generosity of Milton and Catherine Hershey, the school is fully endowed, with the resources to ensure every child and staff member has what they need to succeed. The school has prepared over 11,000 graduates to lead fulfilling and productive lives and is expanding to serve more students in the coming years.
The Director of Payroll and Financial Operations works on campus and oversees payroll, as well as other financial operations for MHS and for shared services functions. The Director is a lead functional resource to develop and maintain ad hoc and recurring financial analysis to ensure good stewardship and sound financial operations. Another component of the role is to proactively seek opportunities for potential business process improvements and assist with implementing enhancements, particularly as it relates to systems utilization.
The compensation range for this position is $98K - $130K, plus a competitive benefits package.
- Overseeing payroll to ensure seamless administration, including tax related filings.
- Leading process improvements within the financial operations team, including leveraging ERP and business analysis technology capabilities.
- Overseeing routine department activities, ensuring robust tracking and analysis, managing vendor relationships, maintaining reporting compliance, and enforcing budgets, policies, and controls.
- Leading collaborations within MHS to develop business and operations process maps and improvements, as well as creating and maintaining ad hoc data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or similar major.
- At least 8 years of experience in payroll including conducting analysis and reporting functions.
- Prior management experience required.
- Excellent computer application skills including advanced Excel skills. ERP experience desired.
- Demonstrated skills in overseeing and enhancing financial operations.
- Exceptional reporting and analysis skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate and influence.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are role models for students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
Share this job:
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.