Director – Financial Reporting and Analysis
JOB ID: 23000186
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a full-time Director of Financial Reporting and Analysis. Milton Hershey School (MHS) is one of the world’s best private schools, where students from lower-income families who are seeking greater opportunity can explore their individual interests to the fullest. Thanks to the generosity of Milton and Catherine Hershey, the school is fully endowed, with the resources to ensure every child has what they need to succeed. The school has prepared over 11,000 graduates to lead fulfilling and productive lives and is expanding to serve more students in the coming years.
The Director of Financial Reporting and Analysis works on campus in Hershey, PA and is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial data including operating expenses and capital expenditures. The Director reports to the VP of Finance & Shared Services. The Director is responsible for annual budget development and oversight, as well as developing executive level quality reporting, presentations, etc. Additionally, the Director develops and maintains ad hoc and recurring financial analysis, and ensures internal controls of financial reporting are developed and maintained. Further, the Director pro-actively identifies areas of potential business process improvements and assists with implementing enhancements. The compensation range for this position is $100K - $130K, plus benefits.
- Leading monthly & yearend financial close and reporting, including preparing reporting for school leadership including the Board of Managers.
- Leading the preparation of other financial reporting including tax filings, census data, surveys, etc.
- Ensuring new accounting standards are adapted.
- Liaison with auditors to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Assisting with the development of an annual operating and capital budget for leadership approval, using zero-based budgeting principles.
- Lead supporting role in Cash Flow Forecasting .
- Overseeing the actual vs budget operating expense analysis and capital expenditure analysis.
- Creating and maintaining ad-hoc and ongoing financial and non-financial data analysis used by leadership.
- Defining, documenting, implementing, and monitoring key internal processes and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leading the coordination of documentation of business processes and reviewing for opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. MBA a plus. CPA preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in financial analysis and reporting.
- Prior staff management experience required.
- Excellent computer application skills including advanced Excel skills required, ERP and/or Tableau experience desired.
- Demonstrated skills in exceptional financial reporting and analysis, including demonstrated ability to enhance performance.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills are required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate and influence.
- Exceptional communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are role models for students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
Share this job:
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.