Dental Office Appointment Scheduler
JOB ID: 22000194
Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free, private home and school for over 2,000 pre-K through 12th grade students. Since its’ founding, the lives of more than 11,000 children from lower income and working-class families have been transformed through high-quality education and a positive, nurturing home life.
MHS is seeking a Full-Time 10-month Dental Office Appointment Scheduler to be assigned to the High School Dental Clinic. This position is responsible to:
- Professionally greet, properly identify students, screen incoming students and visitors
- Schedule student dental appointments in a timely manner maximizing clinic efficiency and reducing the time students are absent from class.
- Reference multiple computer software systems and schedule dental appointment after cross-referencing student’s class and school schedules to determine appropriate appointment time and student availability
- Perform administrative and clerical duties to ensure efficient clinic operations of the Dental Services Program.
- Support and assist the Director of Dental Services in finance operations of Dental Services to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- To provide administrative assistance with office management duties – answer telephones, retrieve voicemail, typing, filing, faxing, and scanning.
- To perform/follow proper infection control procedures and adhere to current COVID mitigation strategies to maintain a clean environment at the front desk and clinic lobby.
- To transport students between school buildings and to off-campus specialty dental appointments, if needed.
- Fulfill other professional duties as assigned.
Work schedule: Minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. A 10-month work schedule typically includes summer and school breaks off. In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package – including paid time off, medical, and dental insurance, and financial benefits.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years appointment scheduling and front-desk/secretarial experience in a dental practice or healthcare facility required
- Experience with dental computer software and familiarity with dental/medical terminology required
- Current certification in infant, child, and adult Healthcare Provider CPR
- Valid PA Driver’s license in good standing
- Computer skills proficiency (Microsoft applications)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and ensure follow through to completion
- Ability to handle confidential information, ensure HIPAA compliance, and to maintain professional boundaries with students and staff
- Ability to perform/follow proper infection control and sterilization procedures and adhere to current COVID mitigation strategies.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.