JOB ID: 23000061
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. Milton Hershey School provides a career focused education for all students and touts an exceptional Career & Technical Education (CTE) program that begins in Elementary School and carries through to in-depth career track education, programming, and authentic work experiences for all high school students. You can learn more about MHS’s CTE program here - https://www.mhskids.org/beyond-mhs/mhs-career-technical-education-program/.
MHS is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic cybersecurity teacher to join our high school's faculty. Our ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of the field and the ability to explain complex concepts in an easily understandable, age-appropriate way. The teacher should also be able to provide students with hands-on training exercises to help them develop their skills.
The successful candidate must have experience teaching at a high school level, preferably with courses related to information security and computer safety. They should also be well versed in the latest developments in in technology and capable of breaking down and sharing recent security events in the news with students.
Strong expertise in computer system, application development and network architecture, principles and security controls are required. Students should be introduced to a wide breadth of cyber security fundamentals including the following: cyber security frameworks, ethical hacking, digital forensics, encryption, and cryptography along with security incident response, security governance and laws along with cyber ethics.
This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational abilities and creative problem-solving capability. The successful applicant will be expected to create engaging lesson plans, provide appropriate assessments, and work with our Information Security department and other teachers to develop the best practices for cybersecurity instruction in the classroom while maintaining our school's secure computing environment. Engage with other Hershey Entities to further develop the curriculum in alignment with industry needs and facilitate authentic work experiences in the field of cyber security for our students.
- The ability to relate and work with disadvantaged populations in a compassionate manner while maintaining high standards.
- Assessing student progress and providing timely feedback.
- Maintaining accurate student attendance records.
- Developing strategies to help students gain an understanding of complex concepts related to cybersecurity.
- Facilitating meaningful project-based learning experiences that allow students to apply acquired knowledge.
- Encouraging active participation in class discussions.
- Participating in relevant professional development activities.
- Planning and delivering engaging lessons that meet the needs of all students.
- Ensuring that all students graduate with an industry certification.
- Ensuring that all students have authentic work-experiences (as appropriate).
- Leading an advisory committee and maintaining strong relationships with business and industry partners.
- Involvement in Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSO).
If you are motivated by the challenge of ensuring our students have all the necessary tools to stay safe online, then this job is perfect for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter today to be considered for this opportunity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience teaching at the High School level.
- Knowledge of computer security topics, including offensive and defense vulnerability exploit and remediation, data security, encryption techniques, and infrastructure security;
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
- A passion for teaching and helping others learn cybersecurity best practices.
- Experience working cooperatively with other faculty members while taking initiative and ownership of their work projects.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, commitment, respect, and positivity, as all MHS staff are considered role models for MHS students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with MHS students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Compensation for this position includes a salary ranging from $69K - $117K (depending on education level and years of experience), exceptional benefits, professional development, wellness opportunities and best of all, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.