JOB ID: 22000153
Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and, every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for you!
MHS is seeking full-time Custodians to join the Building Services team. The Building Services group pledges to provide a clean and healthy environment for the students and staff. In addition to overall administrative facilities cleanliness, the department provides assistance with event arrangements, daily operations and maintenance of all campus swimming pools.
MHS custodians are responsible to maintain campus buildings as assigned in a neat, clean, and orderly condition, cleaning classrooms, shop areas, hallways, offices, gymnasiums, restrooms, locker rooms, and pool areas; emptying waste baskets and handling trash/recyclable. Also, they may be required to perform minor maintenance, assist in setups for meetings/events, unlock and lock buildings, assist with snow removal, etc. MHS custodians are considered emergency personnel to provide onsite services during weather emergencies and support the summer scheduling of “Student Residences” carpet cleaning.
Work schedule: Monday – Friday 2nd shift (3:30 pm - 12:00 am) with 40 hours per week and the standard hours of operation may change due to seasonal or programmatic changes.
This is a bargaining unit position with a starting pay rate of $20.06 an hour plus shift differential of 5%. In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package. It includes paid time off, medical, vision & dental insurance, and financial benefits.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months of experience in institutional cleaning.
- Valid PA driver's license in a good standing.
- Working knowledge of cleaning products & procedures.
- Working knowledge of cleaning equipment, small tractors, gators or similar equipment and snow removal equipment, such as blowers.
- Custodians are considered essential personnel therefore required to be available for snow removal and other essential duties as assigned.
- Physically fit to lift/move items up to 50 pounds on regular basis.
- Minor maintenance and equipment repair ability a plus.
- Swimming pool certification a plus.
- Blood borne pathogen training a plus.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for MHS Students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.