Custodians – Part-Time
JOB ID: 23000119
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free home and school for 1,900 students from financial and social need. Consider applying your janitorial/custodial skills and knowledge to this amazing organization which positively impacts the lives of the students enrolled. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is seeking part-time Custodians to join the Building Services team. The Building Services group pledges to provide a clean and healthy environment for the students and staff. In addition to overall administrative facilities cleanliness, the department provides assistance with event arrangements, daily operations and maintenance of all campus swimming pools, snow removal, and the summer scheduling of Student Residence building carpet cleaning. The MHS custodians are defined as emergency personnel to support the onsite life-sustaining residential model during weather emergencies.
MHS custodians are responsible to maintain campus buildings as assigned in a neat, clean and orderly condition, cleaning classrooms, shop areas, hallways, offices, gymnasiums, restrooms, locker rooms, and pool areas; emptying waste baskets and handling trash/recyclable. Also, they may be required to perform minor maintenance, assist in setups for meetings/events, unlock and lock buildings, assist with snow removal, etc.
Work schedule: Monday through Friday 1st and 2nd shifts available up to 29 hours per week. This is a bargaining unit position with pay rate starting at $14.87 an hour plus 2nd shift differential of 5% . Part-time employees are eligible for a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program (EAP), free lunches when on duty, and Hershey area discounts.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience in institutional/commercial cleaning.
- Valid PA driver's license in a good standing.
- Working knowledge of cleaning products & procedures.
- Working knowledge of cleaning equipment, small tractors, gators or similar equipment and snow removal equipment, such as blowers.
- Custodians are considered essential personnel therefore required to be available for snow removal and other essential duties as assigned.
- Physically fit to lift/move items up to 50 pounds on regular basis.
- Swimming pool cleaning experience a plus.
- Blood borne pathogen training a plus.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS Staff are role models for MHS Students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.