Cross Country Assistant Coach- Varsity
JOB ID: 23000086
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free home and school with over 2,000 students from lower-income settings. The School’s mission is to nurture and educate the students so each one can reach his or her full potential. MHS provides enrolled students a multitude of opportunities, including numerous athletic options with access to state-of-the-art athletic facilities led by a committed coaching staff.
MHS is seeking a Varsity Cross Country Assistant Coach. The assistant coach is responsible for assisting with the planning, organization and administration of the High School Varsity Cross Country program year-round to develop students athletically and competitively, as well as instilling character so they excel in their sport and in life. Season starts August 1, 2023 and ends November 1, 2024. Practices are Monday through Friday from 3 – 6:30 pm, with some Saturday morning practices as well.
- Planning and assisting with all aspects of the sport’s program and creating skill enrichment programs and opportunities.
- Ensuring the program is competitive and character-building.
- Establishing year round strategies and processes to train & invest in student skill development.
- High school diploma.
- 1-3 years successful coaching experience.
- Must have knowledge of current cross country rules and regulations.
- Ability to teach fundamental skills and team concepts of cross country.
- Ability to interact with student athletes of different ages and skill levels in a positive and professional manner.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.