Clothing Fitting Associates – Part-Time
JOB ID: 22000033
Thanks to the foresight and generosity of Milton S. Hershey & his wife Catherine, Milton Hershey School (MHS) provides a cost-free home, food, clothing, healthcare and education to over 1,900 students from under-served settings. The school is expanding to serve more students and plans to increase enrollment to 2,300 students. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help the students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is seeking part-time seasonal Clothing Associates. This position is responsible for assisting and fitting students with clothing and recommending alterations. The Clothing Associates perform all related tasks necessary to provide a complete wardrobe for MHS Students. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to fitting students’ clothing, providing fulfillment services, scanning items out of inventory, name taping clothing, packing items for student homes delivery and processing returns if needed. Basic stocking and tagging skills are also required.
Work Hours: Seasonal flexible schedule – must be able to work from August to October and from February to April; primary shift hours during season are 3:30pm – 9:15pm with opportunities for additional hours based on operation needs. Bargaining unit position with OP-464. The starting pay for this position is $14.34/hour and after the one-year probationary period the hourly rate will increase.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience with basic stocking and tagging of clothing required.
- Computer skills - experience in utilization of Microsoft Applications (word, excel, outlook, etc.)
- Basic sewing skills and knowledge of alterations.
- Knowledge of size standards and school clothing guidelines.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 lbs.
- Customer service and retail sales experience a plus.
- Experience with PeopleSoft software and cycle counting process a plus.
- Ability to work & interact with both adults and multi-aged students in a diverse multicultural work environment.
- Able to maintain a flexible schedule to be available for work as needed.
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be detail-oriented and use common sense in resolving problems.
- Candidates should demonstrate high level of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for MHS Students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.