IT Help Desk Representative
JOB ID: 23000082
Located in Hershey, PA, Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students from under-served settings. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. And we're growing to serve more students!
MHS is seeking a full-time Help Desk Representative (HDR) to join the Information Technology (IT) Department. This role is an onsite position and pays $46K - $62, plus benefits.
The HDR position provides in-person and phone/remote support to MHS staff and students. This position provides Level 1 and 2 support from MHS’s main IT Help Desk. HRD’s work on a variety of issues, including but not limited to, unlocking passwords, troubleshooting hardware and software related issues, smart phone support, printer installation/troubleshooting, Office 365 issues, and basic network troubleshooting. The role requires the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service with clear and effective communication.
- Conducts first line of support for all calls/emails coming into the Help Desk.
- Uses ticketing system to track and document work.
- Escalates calls to appropriate support staff in a timely and proficient manner.
- Investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems of users/students.
- Images, installs, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs Apple and PC hardware and software.
- Post HS vocational or technical education and or certifications in IT. (ITIL, CompTIA, Microsoft Certifications).
- At least three years of experience in IT support.
- Experience with a ticketing software – (Manage Engine Service Desk Plus preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Apple based operating systems and ability to troubleshoot across platforms.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to troubleshoot over the phone and in person.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.