Carpenter-Structural Trades Technicians
JOB ID: 22000260
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
MHS is seeking full-time Carpenters-Structural Trades Technicians II to join the team. The technician should have proficiency in all structural trade disciplines with a primary focus on carpentry. Roofing, painting, masonry, flooring and general building maintenance are also required. Also, the technician must demonstrate journeyman level knowledge by achieving a test score of at least 70% on a written examination and successful completion of a practical exercise. The technicians are required to perform corrective, proactive and preventive maintenance work orders pertinent to all campus facility equipment & infrastructure. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Install, repair, maintain and perform corrective, preventive, and proactive maintenance and inspections on the following items related to the Carpentry trade:
- Doors and hardware including electronic latch, panic hardware, and various locking mechanism.
- Windows and hardware including security screens and various locking mechanism.
- Floors including sub-flooring and hardwood flooring.
- Ceilings and wall partitions including wood, metal, drywall and bathroom.
- Counter tops including Formica, Corian or Surrell.
- Design and construct cabinetry and casework.
- Experience reading blueprints, layouts and ordering supplies.
- Demonstrated experience with renovations/remolding of commercial and residential.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. A full-time schedule shall consist of forty (40) hours of scheduled work with a minimum of two (2) days off. Availability to work a flexible schedule with shifts listed below based on the needs of the school:
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- 4-10 hours shifts
Bargaining unit position with OPS-464. The starting hourly rate is $29.82 (plus any shift differential) and after the probationary period (1 year) the salary will be increased. In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package. It includes paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and financial benefits.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years of current experience in commercial and residential carpentry and general knowledge specific to facilities maintenance.
- Or equal, 2 years of trade school and 3 years current experience in commercial and residential carpentry and general knowledge specific to facilities maintenance.
- Ability to work with large equipment.
- Valid PA Driver’s License (CDL Preferred, Class B) in good standing.
- Asbestos Awareness Training preferred.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, particularly the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing demands and ongoing change.
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft applications (word, outlook email, etc.), internet and other systems
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.