Building Services Manager, Custodian & Pool Tech
JOB ID: 22000307
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free home and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
MHS is currently seeking a Manager, Building Services (custodial & pool maintenance) to provide a key role in leadership, support, and accountability for the Building Services Department. The Building Services management team is expected to provide necessary support, outside of normal shift hours, to ensure regular and emergency services are maintained. This includes every other weekend on call if issues arise requiring Building Services support. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Directly supervises the Building Services Supervisor, 2nd shift and all 1st shift and alternative schedule Custodians (19 employees, total department size of 49).
- Serves as the main point of contact for all MHS pools (3 outdoors & 4 indoors) maintenance and testing activities and ensures regulatory requirements are met.
- Coordinates work requests with Campus Services and other Facilities departments.
- Coordinates all Building Services contractor activities and ensures work specifications are met and in accordance with established service agreements and pricing.
- Prepares the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Emergency on campus snow removal oversight of Building Services team.
Work schedule: On-site year-round position with minimum of 40 hours per week – flex shift including holidays and weekends depending on the needs of the department. In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package. It includes paid time off, medical, vision & dental insurance, and financial benefits. Salary ranges from $78K - $94K annual.
- Vocational or other technical school, certification, training, or apprenticeship required beyond High School diploma.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related role and management staff experience.
- Valid PA driver's license in a good standing.
- Valid Commercial Pesticide Applicator (swimming pool chemical training certification category 24) or the ability to obtain one within 3 months of hire.
- Asbestos & Blood-born pathogen training.
- Working knowledge of cleaning products & procedures.
- Working knowledge of commercial cleaning products, equipment, and procedures to properly clean and maintain various surfaces & types of facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in using technology including MS Office applications (i.e., PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word), ERP system for procurement and work order systems.
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and platform
- Strong organizational, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including time management, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a team, with effective skills in influencing others & negotiating
- Experience measuring project-related outcomes and incorporating continuous improvements accordingly.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and adapt to managing peak work periods and changing priorities.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality in all matters
- Commitment to the mission and values of MHS and demonstrated high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are role models for students
- Candidates should be eager to engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.