Basketball Head Coach (9th Grade Boys)
JOB ID: 23000063
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free home and school for over 1,900 students from lower income. The school’s mission is to nurture and educate the students’ so each one can reach his or her full potential. MHS provides enrolled students a multitude of opportunities, including numerous athletic options with access to state-of-the-art athletic facilities led by a committed coaching staff.
MHS is currently seeking a Basketball Head Coach (9th grade boys) for a one-year ancillary position at the High School. The head coach is responsible for leading the program year-round to develop students athletically and competitively, as well as instilling character so they excel in their sport and in life. The season runs from November through March. Practices times vary Monday through Saturday but are generally in the evenings on weekdays from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Planning and overseeing all aspects of the sport’s program.
- Ensuring the program is competitive and character-building.
- Recruiting students to participate and collaborating with the primary and middle schools to develop talent pipelines.
- Establishing year-round strategies and processes to train & invest in student skill development.
- Creating skill enrichment programs and opportunities.
- Leading all practice sessions and coaching at all games and events.
- Providing exceptional personal coaching and leadership of the players.
- Collaborating with the Varsity and Junior Varsity Basketball teams.
- Hiring and maintaining a coaching support staff.
- Implementing creative strategies to offset unique circumstances of MHS’s programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful coaching experience with demonstrated success in establishing a highly competitive program, while also instilling high quality character.
- Must have current knowledge of techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & inspire diverse youth. Experience working with lower income students preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and lead a team of coaches.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate & influence in cross-functional settings.
- Ability to build a network to facilitate new and creative opportunities.
- Candidate should be eager to build the program & invest in student talent development year-round.
- Candidate should demonstrate high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.