Baseball Junior Varsity Coach
JOB ID: 23000191
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is one of the world’s best private schools, where students from lower-income families seeking greater opportunity can explore their individual interests to the fullest. Thanks to the generosity of Milton and Catherine Hershey, the school is fully endowed, with the resources to ensure every student has what they need to succeed. The school has prepared over 11,000 graduates to lead fulfilling and productive lives and is expanding to serve more students.
MHS provides enrolled students an amazing multitude of athletic opportunities, with access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs led by committed coaching staffs. MHS offers Varsity, JV, Junior High, and Recreational teams for 15 sports and intramural programs. Athletic programs begin in Elementary and Middle Division, and culminate to the Senior Division Varsity level. Our program has produced many successful seasons ending with Mid Penn Conference, PIAA District III, and PIAA State Championships. Many athletes also advance to play at the college level after graduation from MHS.
MHS is currently seeking Junior Varsity Baseball Coaches, head and assistant. Qualified applicants should exhibit a commitment to high achievement and support for all students in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. This is a one year ancillary position and the season runs March to June with practices and games primarily Monday through Friday from 3p-6p. Off season work is flexible and necessary for this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Driver’s license required.
- Has at least 1 year of successful coaching experience or experience playing at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current coaching techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Must have the ability to teach beginner skills while also developing various skill level athletes in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire diverse youth. Experience working with students from disadvantaged backgrounds preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in providing safe, structured skill development practice and playing experiences, while also developing high character student athletes.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Strong organizational and planning skills are required.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students.
Share this job:
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.