Assistant Manager, Aquatics
JOB ID: 22000034
Milton Hershey School (MHS) has a long tradition of developing students who succeed both in the classroom and on the field, court, or in the pool. To do this, students learn to manage their time within our top-notch athletics and recreational programs.
MHS is seeking a part-time Assistant Manager, Aquatics to join the growing team. This role reports to the Aquatics & Fitness Manager and is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of the K-12 aquatics and non-aquatics programs in the Community Recreation Center (CRC) and at the other aquatic facilities (5) on MHS campus. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Assist the manager to ensure that all activities and facilities usage are within the state requirements.
- Assist with curriculum development, graduation requirement, staff employment, staff meetings, staff training and record keeping.
- Assist with the staff supervision, day-to-day activities, performance evaluations, etc. (part-time staff between 13-30).
- Assist with facilitating lifeguard certifications courses; recertification and monthly in-service training for MHS lifeguards.
- Assist with maintaining schedules, setting up appointments, and providing general office/administrative support to the team and other responsibilities to keep things running smoothly.
Work schedule will vary depending on the needs of the CRC programs and season’s opening. This is a year-round job with up to 29 hours per week (5-6 days/week & 1-2 days off/week). During the CRC outdoor season, hours are from 12:00 pm – 8:30 pm. Times vary during the indoor season with hours falling between 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm. Evening and weekend hours are common, along with occasional holiday hours as well.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a supervision role in recreation, education, or aquatics related fields required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Safety Water Safety Instructor required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a certified lifeguard instructor required.
- American Red Cross, CPR & First Aid certified required.
- Oxygen Administration preferred.
- Aquatics Facilities Operator certificate a plus.
- Demonstrated strong administrative and organizational skills including the ability to multi-task in dynamic environments with competing priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate with adults and students in a diverse work environment.
- Strong demonstrated skills with Microsoft applications, Goggle, Social Media, etc.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
- Must be willing to actively engaged with MHS students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.