Assistant Aquatics Manager, Part Time
JOB ID: 23000146
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is one of the world’s best private schools, where students from lower-income families who are looking for greater opportunity are able to explore their individual interests to the fullest. Thanks to the generosity of Milton and Catherine Hershey, the school is fully endowed, with the resources to ensure every child and staff member has what they need to succeed. The school has prepared over 11,000 graduates to lead fulfilling and productive lives and is expanding to serve more students in the coming years.
MHS is seeking a part-time Assistant Aquatics Manager to join the growing team. This role reports to the Aquatics & Fitness Manager and is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of the K-12 aquatics and non-aquatics programs in the Community Recreation Center (CRC) and at the other aquatic facilities (5) on MHS campus. This is a year round, on-site position located in Hershey, PA and pays $19.81 to $26.44 per hour.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Assist the manager to ensure that all activities and facilities usage are within the state requirements.
- Assist with curriculum development, graduation requirement, staff employment, staff meetings, staff training and record keeping.
- Assist with the staff supervision, day-to-day activities, performance evaluations, etc. (part-time staff between 13-30).
- Assist with facilitating lifeguard certifications courses; recertification and monthly in-service training for MHS lifeguards.
- Assist with maintaining schedules, setting up appointments, and providing general office/administrative support to the team and other responsibilities to keep things running smoothly.
Work schedule will vary. This is a year-round job with up to 29 hours per week. Evening and weekend hours are common, along with occasional holiday hours as well.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a supervision role in recreation, education, or aquatics related fields required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience coaching or teaching swim lessons required.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification preferred (must be willing to obtain).
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, CPR & First Aid Certification required.
- Oxygen Administration preferred.
- Aquatics Facilities Operator certificate a plus.
- Demonstrated strong administrative and organizational skills including the ability to multi-task in dynamic environments with competing priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate with adults and students in a diverse work environment.
- Strong demonstrated skills with Microsoft applications, Goggle, Social Media, etc.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
- Must be willing to actively engaged with MHS students.
Share this job:
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.