Admissions Recruiter Southwest PA
JOB ID: 23000033
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking an Admissions Counselor / Regional Recruiter to be based in Southwest Pennsylvania. The Regional Recruiter will promote awareness of MHS’s amazing opportunities for youth and generate qualified student applications. MHS is a tuition free, home and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. Starting pay is in the range of $60,832-$81,211 and pay is determined based on experience. The Regional Recruiter is responsible for ensuring MHS reaches enrollment requirements through:
- Pro-actively contributing to the development of annual student recruitment strategies.
- Implementing the strategy within the Southwest PA.
- Living in Southwest PA, but traveling to Hershey, PA for approximately 1 week per month to assist with on-campus events, interact with fellow admissions staff, meet with prospective families and immerse themselves in campus life and culture.
- Maintaining a highly pro-active approach to developing relationships with key influencers & stakeholders within Southwest PA & immediate region.
- Leveraging an in-depth knowledge of the region & developing local trusted brand awareness in the region.
- Extensively & effectively developing relationships with communities in the region to discern and guide qualified applicants.
- Develop engaged Enrollment advocates from stakeholder communities including regional alumni and other referral sources.
- Collaborate with MHS’s Enrollment Processors to facilitate the application process.
- Plan and coordinate outreach events, campus visits, etc. including virtual and in-person events.
- Contribute to student retention efforts.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts and troubleshooting.
- Provide accurate reporting and manage a budget.
- Must reside in Southwest Pennsylvania & have established relationships in said region with community professionals, leaders, and youth advocates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Marketing, Communications, Social Work, or affiliated field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant recruitment capacity which includes relationship development, brand development and achieving required outcomes/results.
- Proficient in using Microsoft applications and databases.
- Driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Exceptional skills in multi-tasking and organizing.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and maintain high degree of accountability.
- Interpersonally skilled in educating, guiding, inspiring and counseling.
- Must have a capability to effectively work within under-resourced communities.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating with others – staff, communities, influencers, stakeholders and volunteers.
- Resourceful and innovative. Analytical. Excellent communicator & influencer.
- High degree of grit and initiative.
- High degree of accountability and results driven.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students.
- Candidates should be eager to engage with students and families.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.