JOB ID: 23000012
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
MHS is seeking a full-time Administrative Secretary for the Psychological Services Department to provide administrative and clerical support for the Director of Psychological Services and Staff of the Psychological Services Department within the Senior Division program. This position performs diverse duties that requires initiative and the ability to provide high quality services consistent with the vision and mission of MHS. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Extensive scheduling of meetings and appointments.
- Administrative support to psychology staff
- Scheduling appointments with the students and other initiatives.
- Addressing urgent matters proactively and professionally.
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with others within MHS and with key collaborators.
- Ensuring timely and effective communication with staff, students, and parent/sponsors.
- Coordinating, consolidating, and disseminating information on a proactive basis.
- Ensuring records retention protocols are followed.
- Filing students’ charts.
- Providing miscellaneous administrative support such as phones, filing, ordering materials, data entry, etc.
- Other duties as needed.
This is an in-person position which compensates between $16.00 - $22.00 an hour, plus benefits.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 3 years of successful administrative support experience in a high-volume academic setting.
- Proficiency in using electronic health records and computer applications. Experience with school databases a plus.
- Experience assisting with school scheduling preferred.
- Experience with payroll and financial administration responsibilities desired.
- Exceptional ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize competing responsibilities and deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate in a team environment.
- High degree of detail and quality orientation, initiative, professionalism and good judgement, customer service orientation, and confidentiality required.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students.
- Candidates should be eager to actively engage with students and their families/sponsors.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.