Applying to Teach at MHS
10 Tips for Applying to Teach at Milton Hershey School
Teaching at Milton Hershey School can be very rewarding. If you or someone you know is interested in applying, here are a few tips you might find helpful.
1. Typically, teaching positions are posted in the first half of the calendar year. We strive to be proactive so teachers are hired and receive their on-boarding training before the start of school, which is typically mid-August at Milton Hershey School.
2. Positions are posted for a minimum of five business days. We encourage interested teachers to regularly visit the Careers section of our website to ensure they see all opportunities.
3. New teacher graduates may apply during their senior year in anticipation of graduation and pending certifications. Similarly, out-of-state teachers are welcome to apply prior to attaining their Pennsylvania teacher certifications.
4. If you’re already an MHS employee, please use the intranet application with your MHS email address.
5. Please do not upload certifications, clearance documents, or references prior to an interview. That information may be requested after an interview.
6. Milton Hershey School’s selection processes can be lengthy. However, we do respond to all applicants. Please ensure you do not have a spam filter that would block correspondences from the applicant database.
7. We appreciate resumes that provide detail regarding your teaching experience such as the classes and curriculum you’ve taught, your student demographics, accomplishments in your classroom, and work you’ve completed with your students beyond the classroom. However, it is best not to exceed a two-page resume.
9. Please refrain from making general inquiry calls or status update calls—it is likely we won’t be able to return your call due to candidate volume. If you’re having technical difficulties completing an application, you can call 717-520-3359 and someone will assist you with the online application completion.
10. You’re welcome to apply to multiple positions if you feel you’re qualified. If not selected this year, you’re always welcome to try again the following year.
We hope you find this information valuable, and we appreciate your time and interest.