Writing Tips and Tools
No matter what career path you’re pursuing, writing is a major part of college and the workplace. Most colleges and universities have writing centers you can visit in-person, but there are plenty of online writing resources as well.
To properly cite your sources, avoid plagiarism and learn common grammar rules, visit the following websites:
- Purdue Owl: You can find MLA and APA citation guides to help you as you cite your sources in academic papers.
- Quill: To brush up on your grammar and vocabulary, browse this site for free activities.
- Grammarly: This site has proofreading and plagiarism-detection resources that will assess your paper to see if you adhere to more than 250 grammar rules.
- EasyBib: As a Google Docs add-on, this extension can generate citations in MLA, APA and Chicago formats.
- Paper Rater: You can use this tool to make sure you have not plagiarized. It also has a built-in proofreading system that will help you correct grammar mistakes and improve your writing.