Parents/sponsors are an important part of student success
Enrolling your child at Milton Hershey School is a difficult decision, but an education at MHS will help your child realize a brighter future.
From our top-notch academics and supportive Home Life program to our Continuing Education Scholarship and a variety of extracurricular activities, MHS prepares students for achievement beyond expectation.
Your commitment to the mission of MHS is a powerful influence in your child’s achievement.
By supporting the school’s policies and engaging with teachers and houseparents, you are demonstrating your dedication to helping your student reach his or her full potential.
Keeping you informed
We want to keep you informed about your child’s progress and his or her day-to-day activities. MHS invites parents/sponsors to use the following tools:
- Facebook – we post information about upcoming events and stories about life on campus. (Follow MHS on Instagram and Twitter too!)
- YouTube – you can watch videos about the day-to-day life of our students here.
- The Network email – this weekly email keeps you informed about events, news and activities taking place at MHS. (Not getting weekly emails? Please send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.)
- MHS Connection – this eight-page newsletter is mailed out three times during each school year and it contains colorful pictures of students and news about campus happenings.
- Parent Portal – this website allows you to check in on your child’s grades, class schedule and access emails for your child’s teachers.
- Rave Mass Notification System — this is the school’s emergency notification system. You can received voice, email alerts. The Rave log-in is available here. (Update contact information to receive alerts.)
- Parent Forms – access to forms needed for overnight visitation weekends, recess and chapel.
- Enrolling and Transitioning Blog– this post provides tips for managing emotions before and after Enrollment Day, as well as strategies for supporting your child during their time at MHS and after graduation.
Infinite Campus Help (PDF):
- How to access homework and class assignments
- How to access Infinite Campus on mobile devices
- General Support
We also encourage you to have open lines of communication with your child’s houseparents, along with regular interactions directly with your child through phone calls, letters, campus visits and long weekend visits.
Visiting your child
Milton Hershey School promotes the active, ongoing relationship and involvement of parents and families.
By combining the five weekend overnight visits allowed to students with our scheduled long weekend breaks, students are given, on average, the opportunity to visit home once a month during the school year.
Parents/sponsors are also welcome to visit their children during our weekend daytime visiting hours as follows:
Elementary School students: Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Middle School students: Saturday 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
High School students: Saturday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.