Houseparents: Meet the Tough Guys
Team up with your spouse and help shape the lives of children
Milton Hershey School houseparents manage homes of eight to 12 students of the same gender and around the same age. Houseparents nurture students while helping to build character and assisting with academic support. From assisting with homework to overseeing chores and from providing meals to playing board games, our houseparents create a family-like atmosphere in their student homes.
Meet the Tough Guys Spouses
Full-time houseparenting comes with many benefits
- Couples earn at least $70,000 annually.
- Total compensation package includes a rent-free apartment, meals and utilities.
- Complete benefits package.
- Relocation assistance.
- Use of athletic facilities (fitness center, ice-skating rink, swimming pool).
- Certified houseparent training program.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are shaping lives.
Working at Milton Hershey School means putting our students first. Our job requirements ensure we provide the best support for their growth – we’re happy to answer your questions, but please note these requirements are not flexible. They help us make sure we have the best people in place to nurture and protect our students.
Every couple must be legally married for at least three years and each person must be at least 27 years of age at time of application. Additional prerequisites include:
- High school graduate or college education.
- No more than two dependent children in residence.
- Prior experience working with children (preferably children from lower-income families)
- Able and willing to work in student homes of either gender and any age group (grades PreK – 12).
- Ability to successfully complete extensive clearance process.
- Ability to meet health and physical requirements of the position.
- Driving records and credit history in good standing.
- NO PETS are permitted.